Restoration of listed Villa (built 1780 and extended in 1824), Cheltenham.
Formerly used as a the offices and clubhouse for the Cheltenham Motor Club, this building, listed as being of historic and architectural merit, had been badly altered and extended in the 1950’s resulting in the loss of many original features and the subdivision of original rooms.
The restoration and conversion works included the restoration of all the major rooms to their original format, the restoration of sash windows, original doors, covings, skirting boards and architraves, the reinstatement and rebuilding of missing chimney stacks, the reinstatement of missing sections of the main halls staircase handrails and balustrading, and the construction and restoration of original fireplaces and surroundings.
New plumbing and services were carefully located and hidden within the original historic fabric so as not to detract from the restoration.
This successful restoration and conversion project resulted in the provision modern standard living accommodation and at the same time brought back to life the buildings original use as a single dwelling.